The mission of Equestrian Crossings is to provide a high quality horsemanship program to all ages, abilities, and disabilities in a safe, caring environment.
The purpose of Equestrian Crossings is to provide equine related activities suitable for people regardless of age or ability, and to do this in an environment of community involvement and interaction. All Equestrian Crossings-related programs are based on experience and relationship with the horse, and utilize the inherent potential for the realization of self-confidence, emotional acceptance, self awareness, enhanced communication, development of balance, proper muscular activity, neural reflexes and other benefits that are available from the equine/human interaction. Equestrian Crossings is established to serve local Island County, Washington, and surrounding communities.
Our goals are to provide equine-related activities which may include:
- Beginning, intermediate, and advanced riding and horsemanship in its various forms;
- Adaptive Horsemanship, which may include: Ground assisted Horsemanship, Physical and other Therapies, and equine-assisted Psychological and Emotional Therapies;
- Individual, Family and Community social events including, seminars, demonstrations and other learning opportunities, student demonstrations, competitions, and recognition ceremonies;
- A grass roots, member-operated organization with voting, and volunteer committees and ground level participation;
- Scholarships, to provide the programs to everyone who may benefit, regardless of status or financial ability;
- Opportunity for experience and certification in various equine-related disciplines;
- A staff consisting of certified and experienced Instructors and/or licensed health care professionals;
- Equines well trained, appropriate, and when required, certified in their discipline.